Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Life is Hard


Keira is at that age where she likes to follow me around all day pulling on my proverbial 'apron strings' and saying 'Ma'. She was especially so today because she is teething. Well, I had been trying to clean the house all day long and then was trying to get showered and dressed so that I could pick Trent up from the bus stop(yes, PICK UP, not DROP OFF) and Keira was so devastated that I could not pick her up, she just collapsed into a little ball and started crying. Ryan came over and started patting her and hugging her and said to her, 'Little Keira, Life is Hard, Honey...Life is Hard...It will all be okay...' It was so sweet the way he said that to her. I asked him where he learned that, and he said that Dad told him that. I think what Russ actually said to him is that life can be hard sometimes when you are three, but it is amazing what kids learn from watching us.

4 comments:

Dave and Andy Jones said...

Oh, what we learn from our tiny ones. Isn't it amazing? Aren't you glad you were able to witness that tender moment? Another tender mercy from the Lord. What darling kids you have. P.S. I am glad to hear there are other mothers besides me that sometimes have to let them cry for a little while.

Huffstuff said...

That is priceless.

Rushton Family said...

soooo cute. Ryan is so cute with her.

Robin said...

that is so sweet. ryan is such a dichotemy (sp?). Loves to tease anyone and everyone, yet is so tender.